Moderate consumption of some red wines may be a very effective way of improving your cardiovascular health as well as your lifespan. However, it is important to choose the correct red wine.
Procyanidins have shown direct benefits on arterial function in blood vessels. In fact, polyphenols have been determined to have a protective effect on the vascular system to the point where they improve the endothelial cells that line the arteries.
- Wines that have maximal benefits for your heart and longevity are from the southern parts of France, Sardinia, Italy, Greece & Argentina.
- Drinking one glass of wine to reduce the risk of heart disease is not as simple as it seems. (150 – 175ml).
- Know how to choose the right ones: Tannat, Malbec.
- With antioxidants Procyanidin and Resveratrol.
- The best time to drink wine for optimal benefits is between the hours of 9:30 am to 6:30 pm with food and always with food. The best snacks are full fat raw cheese, nuts or organic Prosciutto.
• Amount – 375ml/day for men & 250ml/day for women.
• 125ml of wine contains 85 calories.
• Drinking before going to bed will interfere with your sleep.
• The alcohol content should not be more then 13.5% Wines with 11% to 12% are best and have the highest amount of procyanidins.
• If you want the benefits of the anti-oxidant, but don’t want to drink wine, you can always get the same benefits from a red delicious apple, they also contain a large dose of procyanidins!!! We can also get this antioxidant from raw cacao beans.
The Red Wine Diet (by Roger Corder)
Gwen Cottingham, Registered Holistic Nutritionist & Certified Life Coach Sign up for more nutritional solutions that are simple, fun and sustainable
You can also follow us on various social Platforms
(Insert Icons with links to her account her for Facebook, LinkedIn, instagram, Twitter & GoogleMyBusiness..you can get this directly from her account in our accounts section)
If you would like to contact me to discuss your needs email me
(email me will be a link to email email@example.com)